WIN GEAR FOR THE YEAR AT TEAM FORD!
Love hockey? Of course you do—but you’ve long since hung up your skates and jersey for a comfy couch and a six-pack (meaning the only prize we could give you is booze, and we’re pretty sure there’s laws against that). What we can give away is hockey gear to some deserving young soul who can still strap on the pads and get it done on the ice. That’s why Team Ford (as well as our crosstown sibling/rival, Kentwood Ford) are each giving away a $1,000 credit at the St. Albert Source for Sports location so that some deserving youngster can get some new gear for the year!
Not only will the grand prize winner receive a cool thousand pucks, I mean bucks, but it’ll be presented by none other than Oilers centreman extraordinaire Ryan Strome. If that wasn’t enough (unbelievably, it isn’t), Oilers legend, local sports radio shock jock (I may have made the shock part up), and all around great guy, Jason Strudwick, will meet you at Source for Sports and help the winner try on their gear and guest coach one of the winner’s practices. I know they say close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but Team Ford will also be giving out two gift certificates to Source for Sports, worth $250 each, to the runners up.
This contest couldn’t be easier, but we’ll break it down for you step-by-step (since concussion protocol was substantially different back in the day).
- Visit https://www.facebook.com/goteamford/
- Find the Gear for the Year contest post, and comment a video or image alongside a write-up of why your favourite little hockey star deserves new gear for the upcoming hockey season.
- The story with the most likes when we close the contest —at 11:59 AM on October 8th, 2018— wins!
- Unofficial step: spread the word to all of your friends on social media, and have them vote for your entry!
This contest will run on Facebook from September 27th to October 8th, and does have some rules. Pfft, rules, who needs ‘em, right? Well, these ones are pretty important so make sure you’re taking notes.
- You must follow Team Ford on Facebook.
- The child must be born between 2002 and 2012.
- You must include the following in your message: “Hey Team Ford, I want to give #gearfortheyear to (insert the nominated child’s name here) . . .” followed by your explanation as to why this mini-McDavid deserves a new set of, well, everything! We’ll allow for some minor typos in your story, so long as the important details and tags are there.
- If your post has the most likes in the comments section of the Gear for the Year post on October 8th, 2018, you’ll be contacted via the social media account you used to enter, and you’ll have 72 hours to claim your prize, or another winner will be selected (so make sure your notifications are on).
- Both Kentwood Ford and Team Ford will have a grand prize winner, as well as two runner ups.
- The grand prize winner will be allowed to bring three guests to meet Ryan Strome and collect their prize, one of which must be a parent or guardian.
What more could you ask for? Free hockey gear, past and current Oilers, and Team Ford is a sure-fire recipe for success. Come September 27th, make sure to enter your favourite little potential pro for a once in a lifetime experience!