It’s 2018, and times are a-changin’ quicker than ever before. If you’re like me, you maintain a presence on over five social media platforms, wake up every morning to a NASA (Space Force?)-level infographic of nocturnal behaviour, and literally get Joaquin Pheonix-at-the-end-of-Her level upset when Siri doesn’t reply to my voice commands. That said, don’t feel bad if you can’t figure out how to set up your Ford SYNC Connect. With advanced features like Apple Carplay, Waze navigation, and Siri Eyes Free, you’re not the only one that needs a little help with figuring out the dang computer. Luckily, the good folks at Team Ford wrangled an ex-man-bun wearing millenial (full disclosure:our good-for-nothing nephew) with a knack for tech to teach us how to use it. So continue reading, and learn how to set up your Ford SYNC
Step 1: Download the FordPass App & Login
- Download the FordPass app from the App Store or Google Play store.
- Create an account within FordPass by using your email address and basic information
- If you already have a Ford Owner Account, you’ll be in! If not, set up an account to receive unique credentials, then use them to access your Ford Owner Account
- For security, you’ll need to make a PIN which you’ll be asked for every time you visit the FordPass app. If your phone has fingerprint technology, you can use that too.
You’re now halfway there—congrats! Maybe take a break to celebrate your progress, crack a cold brewski, and read some Fine Team Ford literature. When you’re ready to Connect to your Ford, continue on to Step 2.
STEP 2: CONNECT FORDPASS TO SYNC CONNECT
Now that your app is downloaded, the hard part is done. All you need to do now is pair your phone with SYNC Connect. Which means it’s time for—you guessed it—another list:
- Open the FordPass app, and scan your vehicle’s VIN barcode
- From the landing page, view Vehicle Details, and tap Activate Vehicle
- Start your Ford vehicle, and press Allow on your vehicle’s touchscreen
And your mom’s your dad, that’s it! You can now take advantage of all the features FordPass has to offer.
Like your parents with Facebook, you’re ready to start using the tech! For any other concerns you have, contact your friends at Team Ford, or visit us at our Edmonton dealership.